Invisible, By Ginny Yttrup - book review



What an amazing book. Honestly - I didn't expect Invisible, by Ginny Yttrup, to have much of an effect on me. I knew the premise of the book and the main characters were three women - one overweight, one depressed, one anorexic. I thought it would be a nice, fiction book and that I would be able to learn about the struggles of other women when I read it. However - I really learned a lot about myself when I read it. I'm not anorexic, overweight or depressed, but I do really struggle with my body image in general. For the longest time, I've brushed it off and tried to focus on what's inside - I've tried to work on being a good person and not superficial - pretty much ignoring my outer self. But while reading this book, I realized that I was avoiding something important - the Image of God in which I was created. God sees me as beautiful - even though US Weekly would never classify my looks as anything but pathetic.

But Yttrup's book really gave me insight as to what God does see in me - and what I need to see in myself. I realized, in reading Invisible, that God truly made me in His image, which means He delights in me and loves and adores me - even the me that I've tried not to look at in the mirror.

I really appreciate the way Ytrupp wrote the book. Though it was fiction, it was also a therapeutic guide to healing and inner peace rather than just an entertaining story.

I look forward to reading more from Ginny Ytrupp. She's obviously a very gifted Christian author and teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Love is Amazing

In the Middle of the Mess, By Sheila Walsh - A book review

The Sacred Slow, by Alicia Britt Chole - A Book Review